Return to Recipes
Braised Pork Belly with Apple Butter
provided by Chef Owen Gaube, Granville's Cafe & Catering
- pork belly
- 3 pounds Fiji Apples
- 1/4 cup Dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
For the Pork Belly:
- Rub the Pork Belly with minced Garlic, Thyme, Salt & Pepper. Set overnight in the Fridge.
- Braise the belly in 80/20 canola oil & olive oil at 200 degrees for about 4 hours or until tender
- Cut into a portion of about 2 inches by 2 inches
- Sear on med high heat in a pan for about 2 minutes each side till crispy.
For the Apple Butter:
- Peel, core and dice the apples
- Combine ingredients in large pot
- Cook for about 30 minutes on medium low heat
- Discard cinnamon stick and puree remaining through a foodmill
- Return the puree to the stove and cook on very low heat for about 2 hours till a butter like consistency results
- Spoon over pork belly and serve
- Serve over Anson Mill Grits. (optional)
Sign In to submit your recipe.